Ready, Set, Robots! introduces teens to technology-related fields and concepts including computer programming, high performance computing, advanced visualization, and networking as they work side by side with IU technology professionals and researchers. Using kits from the LEGO® Mindstorms® series, participants work in small teams to learn the basic computer programming skills needed to command a robot to complete a set of predetermined tasks. Camps culminate in an exciting Robot Grand Challenge in which each team’s robot struts its stuff.
About Ready, Set, Robots! camp 2019
Ready, Set, Robots! camp is offered each year in June and July by UITS Research Technologies (RT), a center in the Pervasive Technology Institute at IU to students (entering Jr. High school up to Seniors just graduating high school). The program is free for all participants.
Each camp is two days, June 13-14, June 21-22, or July 11-12 (advanced camp). Campers should plan to attend BOTH days.
Attendees will enjoy:
- Early-bird registration endsApril 20?
- Regular registration endsMay 13?
- Beginner Camp 1June 13-14
- Beginner Camp 2June 21-22
- Advanced CampJuly 11-12
Parents and participants - please use the "I am not an employee or student of IU/IUPUI" option after clicking "Click Here to Register." Create an IT Training registration system guest account using a non-IU email address. You will need to confirm the account via a confirmation email before returning to this page to log in and register.
Please do not use your personal IU credentials or an IU Guest Account to register your child.
- Choose "I am not an employee or student of IU/IUPUI".
- If you have signed-up before, use your own credentials or use the "Forgot Password?" link to reset your password.
- If you have never signed-up before, choose SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT.
- An email with an activation link will be sent to the email you use to create your account.
- Once you confirm your account go back and choose "I am NOT an employee or student of IU/IUPUI" again.
- Enter your new account credentials.
- Confirm that you would like to register.
- Click OK.
- Registration uses CAS authentication.
- In rare instances, you may need to click on the register button twice in order to activate the pop-up to confirm your registration.
If the workshop is full, the student will automatically be added to a waitlist. Check back frequently to see if a spot has become available (through cancellations) or show-up the morning of the first day of camp to see if there happens to be a no-show.
If you have any questions, or need more information, please contact the RT manager of education and outreach firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomington is the flagship campus of Indiana University, with more than 46,000 students. Not to be confused with Bloomington-Normal, make sure you fly into Indianapolis International Airport (IND) and NOT BMI in Illinois. Bloomington, Indiana boasts rolling hills, an active nightlife, and a sprawling 1,939-acre campus.
Set your GPS for:
Cyberinfrastructure Building (CIB), 2709
E 10th St
Multipurpose Room A (IQ-Wall)
Indiana University Bloomington (IUB)
Thank you to our sponsors for their generosity. Conference sponsorships are available at various levels with a wide range of benefits.